Waterford GAA are delighted to welcome spectators to Walsh Park for the JJ Kavanagh
& Sons County Senior Hurling Final on Sunday. Please take note of the following Match
Day Information for everyone travelling to the game.
The GAA are now operating on match day as cashless and tickets will only be available
online on the Waterford GAA Universe Page. Alternatively, there will be an option to
tap your debit/credit card at a designated stile.
To purchase your ticket online, please go to www.Universe.com – Leave Event blank,
enter “Waterford” in the location section and search, scroll to find the match.
Direct link to game – https://www.universe.com/events/waterford-gaa-co-shc-final-de-la-
Please note there will be no ticket sales at the venue on the day. Only those with a
valid ticket will be allowed enter. One Ticket = One Entry. Tickets are priced at €20 for
adults, €15 concession for students and OAPs with valid ID and Under 16s are free of
charge. Under 16s do not require a ticket but must be accompanied by an adult.
Traffic Restrictions before and during match.
A cordon will be put in place around Walsh Park. Cordon in place from 9am to 5pm. The
cordon will consist of the following points.
• At Keane’s Road/Griffith Place Junction (Road Closed to all Traffic)
• Vincent White Road at Ashe Road Roundabout will be closed off up to Walsh
• Park Arbour Road Junction. (Road closed to Traffic)
• Slievekeale Road/Bernard Place Junction to Keane’s Road Junction (Back of
• Stand) (Road closed to Traffic)
• Tycor Road to Roundabout at Keane’s Road (Road closed to Traffic)
Match Day Parking
Walsh Park is located in a residential area and illegal parking will not be tolerated.
Anyone who is found to be obstructing entrances or emergency routes will have their
vehicle ticketed and or removed by the Gardai. The Gardai will be present and
monitoring parking in the area on the day. There are a number of FREE Official Match
Parking Areas for spectators which include:
• Presentation Secondary School – Enter via Vincent White Road – FREE Parking
• Mount Sion GAA Social Centre – Free Parking and Bar on site – EIR Code X91
RK51 – Less than 1km from pitch
• Rear of Waterford Shopping Centre – X91 X661 – 2km
• City Centre Car-Parks – 3kms – Free and Pay Parking
Entry for patrons to the Stadium will be from the stiles at the South Stand Entrance at
the roundabout and North stand entrance at Upper Keane’s Road.
North Stand Stiles – 1-4 South Stand Stiles – 11-14
Media Entrance is located at the middle of the Stand, opposite the Waterford Health
Park. Media must present valid ID and be accredited in advance of the game.
Gates will open at 1pm. Both stands are unreserved and seats are on a first come first
served basis. The East Terrace will be closed to all spectators.