Run in Darkness and Light
April 28, 2020
We are looking for GAA clubs from around the Country to get involved in Run in Darkness & in Light, a unique, fun event for all involved in the club to participate in, to see how far they can run in 24 hours as a club, to raise awareness around mental health during the Covid-19 crisis & to help raise much needed funding to support the work of Pieta, the target is to have every County represented, We've had great response to date by clubs from PatricksWell GAA in Limerick to Carrigaline GAA, Roanmore GAA to Lannleire GAA, it'd be great to have your club involved
The event & how to get involved -
#Run4Pieta – Run in Darkness & in Light in May in aid of Pieta Sunrise Appeal
How far will you go for Pieta!
How to get involved – Your club will run for 24 hours consecutively, running within HSE-Covid19 guidelines, choose a weekend in May that suits your club
- Register your club by emailing – email@example.com, with preferred weekend in May
- Send out a group message to everyone involved in the club inviting them to get involved, family, friends & supporters, a family of 4 could run for 30 mins, covering 5k x 4 = 20Km, so the more running the more KM’s covered
- Finalize your numbers & allocate everyone a time slot within the 24 hours: Start @ 7.30pm
- Ensure all taking part use a smart phone/watch to track distance via preferred apps, to see how far your club covered distance wise
- Share across your social media channels the event & fundraising links
- Upon registering your team, we’ll send on a fundraising link, to share on your Facebook channels asking players to share
*Participants will run consecutively for 24 hours
*Run within current HSE Covid-19 guidelines
The need for our lifesaving services is greater than ever as COVID-19 impacts not only on the nation's physical health but its mental health too. As people find themselves worried, anxious, under strain, financially impacted and in many cases isolated and alone. So we are reaching out to the GAA Community, it’s a fantastic challenge that should be embraced & widened across all Clubs & Counties, we’d love to have your Club involved representing your County & supporting a great cause to support mental health
We are encouraging clubs/players/friends & family that join in the run in darkness and in light event to post on Instagram tagging using #DILSunriseAppeal #DIL2020. #run4pieta so we can raise awareness for Pieta and make a difference.
As we will not be walking together this May, Pieta and Electric Ireland would like to invite everyone to show community and solidarity with those impacted by suicide by getting up at 5:30am on 9th May to watch the sunrise from their homes. Please spread our message and offer hope by wearing a Darkness Into Light t-shirt, or anything yellow, and sharing your sunrise moment using #DILSunriseAppeal #DIL2020.
Thanks in Advance! #run4pieta
Funding & Advocacy I Pieta
M: 087 4070352
Pieta Cork, Shanakiel
Sundays Well, Cork T23 P865